06 Mar Primary Production Engineer
Join our team: Primary Production Engineer
The work tasks will be to ensure good and even quality of the raw materials to be used in the production of diagnostic reagents:
- Preparation of vaccines and immunisation of hens
- Separation of egg yolk from egg white
- Extraction of antibodies from egg yolk
- Purification of antigen using columns
- Process optimisation and up-scaling processes
Preferred qualifications and skills
- BSc within Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology or similar
- Laboratory experience
- Knowledge within GMP is an advantage
- FELASA c certified is an advantage
- Good English and Norwegian communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Hard working
- Good physical shape
- Quality oriented
- Flexible and positive
We can offer
For the right candidate we offer an exciting career opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing global company. We offer great potential for personal and professional growth with good conditions and competitive wages.
All applications should consist of a CV, academic records, recommendation letters and a cover letter (1-2 pages) that answers the following questions:
- Why are you motivated for the position?
- Why are you a good fit for the position?
- Why should we hire you?
Gentian AS is a company in the Gentian Diagnostics Group and is headquartered in Moss (Oslo), Norway, with representation in China, Sweden and soon, USA. Gentian´s employees (around 50 persons of varied age and nationality) develop, produce and market highly-sensitive diagnostic reagents and methods for the global clinical laboratory market, both human and veterinary. Gentian´s products have gained substantial market share due to their high quality from utilising our proprietary technology for nanoparticle enhanced diagnostic tests. Our export rate is 99%. Gentian coordinates several well-funded international R&D projects partnered by leading clinical and commercial organisations using nanoparticle-based technologies invented and owned by Gentian. A number of exciting and original diagnostic products are in the pipeline, and new employment opportunities are being created.