08 Aug Join our team: Director of Manufacturing
Director of Manufacturing, HQ in Moss, Norway
Gentian is an ambitious and fast-growing diagnostic company looking for a new Director of Manufacturing.
We are looking for a new strong manager to lead and develop our manufacturing department in order to meet our strategic goals for the future. As the Director of Manufacturing you will oversee management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule, within quality standards and cost objectives.
This position is included in the Gentian management team, and will have the responsibility for all processes in manufacturing with the intention to lead the department to deliver accordingly to purchase orders and lead the department in a lean and efficient matter. The successful candidate needs to be an inspiring leader who is passionate about processes and wants to make a difference in a smaller, entrepreneurial company.
Key responsibilities as Director of Manufacturing
- Management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and lead in a lean and efficient matter
- Advise management on capacity planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities and policy matters
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and quality objectives
- Ensure processes are progressing accordingly to schedule with focus on efficiency
- Collaborate with other departments, ensure lines of communication and inform management of critical issues
- Provide leadership for the development of the team members, and establish, set objectives and develop the staff members
- Overall responsibility for the department’s achievement of KPIs and achieve quality objectives
- Identify needs and implement new processes and systems in the department
- Planning and control of the department cost
- Overall responsibility that operations are performed accordingly to Gentian’s quality system
Professional experience and qualifications
The ideal candidate should have successful track record in a manufacturing and management role.
Required experience include:
- MSc within Biology, Biochemistry, Engineer or other relevant areas
- Experience in management role with strong management skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience from high volume production activities of reagents for the life science industry
- Manufacturing experience with technical insight and interest
- Experience with Six Sigma/Lean
- Knowledge of the immunochemistry technologies and market is an advantage
- Knowledge in GMP, ISO 9001/13485
- Experience in execution and project management
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating with suppliers
- Experience with maintenance processes
- Experience with ERP systems
- Good English skills both written and oral
- Proficiency in standard business software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Is experienced and motivated by changes and improvements rather than status quo
- Is mature, self-confident and have strong interpersonal skills
- Has strong leadership and organizational skills
- Is flexible and adaptable to change
- Has the ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities with effective communication and resource allocation
- Has the ability to develop and deliver presentations, and is an effective communicator
- Has the ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Is willing to work with flexible schedule and some travel
We can offer:
For the right candidate we offer an exciting career opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing global company. We offer great potential for personal and professional growth with good conditions and competitive wages.
About Gentian – a great place to work
Gentian AS develops and market high quality, in vitro diagnostic assays for the global clinical laboratory market, both human and veterinary. Gentian´s products have gained substantial market share due to their high quality from utilising our proprietary, innovative technology for nanoparticle enhanced diagnostic tests. Gentian performs production, R&D, marketing and distribution from our headquarters in Norway, Moss and our representative offices in China, Sweden and US. The company coordinates several well-funded international R&D projects partnered by leading clinical and commercial organisations using our nanoparticle-based technologies. Several exciting and original diagnostic products are in the pipeline, and new employment opportunities are being created. Today Gentian employs 40 persons of varied age, professional background and nationality.